This fun french toast recipe is perfect for brunch or parties!
- 1 large loaf of challah bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 ounce rum
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 20 oz. can sliced pineapple rings (or fresh pineapple sliced into rings)
Butter Rum Syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup rum
- wooden skewer sticks
- powdered sugar for dusting the kabobs when finished
- Slice the challah bread into 2 inch thick slices and then cut into large cubes.
- Beat the eggs together with the cream and the rum.
- Dip the bread cubes into the egg mixture and then cook in a large skillet with the butter over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning so that each side browns.
- Grill the pineapple slices until warmed though, about 2 minutes on each side and then cut into wedges.
- Thread the pineapple and french toast cubes onto skewers and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and butter and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cook for 5 minutes then turn the heat to low and carefully pour in the rum.
- Stir and let simmer on low for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the kabobs with the warm rum glaze on the side for dipping.
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast recipes, french toast recipes, brunch recipes, kabob recipes