Fried Ravioli makes for epic appetizers!
- 12 Mac & Cheese ravioli (can substitute plain cheese)
- 1 c. flour
- 2 eggs beaten with a tablespoon of water
- 1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Boil the ravioli for 3-4 minutes. Drain and lay out on a plate to cool so they don’t stick together. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bread the ravioli in the flour first, then the egg wash, the the panko breadcrumbs. Lay out on a plate and repeat with remaining ravioli.
- Chill the breaded ravioli for another 30 minutes.
- While the ravioli is chilling, pour enough oil in a deep sided pot to come up about half way. Heat on medium heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry the breaded ravioli in batches for 4 minutes, turning over after 2, then drain onto paper towels.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with marinara sauce if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried ravioli, pasta recipes, appetizer recipes