- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes then place in a large bowl.
- Using a potato ricer, rice the potatoes into the pot that you cooked them in along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir together, taste for seasonings and serve.