Make these French Dip Party Sliders for a fun dinner or at your next party for appetizers – either way they’ll be gone in minutes!
I know there’s a ton of recipes for these party sliders and I’ve tried just about all of them. The classic ham and cheese, the cheeseburger sliders, even cuban sliders. Yep – those are all good.
So you know I had to go ahead and make my own version. And this one tops them all – at least in my opinion. The best part? The buttery gravy that they bake in.
I love making appetizers that can turn into the main course like these Tex-Mex Sausage Tortilla Rolls. You think you’re just putting them out for appetizers but then you just keep eating until it becomes dinner. These sliders are a great example of that – put them out for apps or dinner, you’ll be good either way.
I started out by making a big old skillet of caramelized onions. I’m a huge caramelized onion fan, so if you are too feel free to even double the amount I put in this recipe. After the onions are cooked down, you can start putting the sliders together. Grab some roast beef from the deli counter and some provolone cheese too while you’re there…
Put the sliders in a glass baking dish and then start the gravy.
When I say gravy, I really mean a melted butter sauce that tastes like gravy. If you look at a recipe for ham and cheese party sliders they all get topped with a ton of butter and seasonings (that’s what makes them so good) but since I’m making french dip party sliders here I decided to add some gravy flavoring to the butter.
You can find powdered gravy packets at the grocery store – and yep, we use them all the time. Homemade gravy like everything else is always best but sometimes you need short cuts.
Here’s a video to show you how easy these are to put together!
I can’t even tell you how crazy good these French Dip Party Sliders turned out – you just have to make them and see for yourself! For a party, they’re perfect. For dinner? Perfect.
The only bad part? No leftovers.
We might just have to double the recipe next time!Print
- 12 slider buns (like King’s Hawaiian)
- 1 lb. sliced roast beef
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoon butter
For the Gravy
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered gravy
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet then add the copped onions.
- Stir and cook over low heat for 20 minutes until browned and caramelized.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the bottoms of the slider buns in a 9 x 12 glass baking dish.
- Top each bun with a slice of roast beef.
- Next add a heaping tablespoon of the caramelized onions to the tops of each roast beef slice, then top with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Place the bun tops on each slider and then make the gravy.
- Melt the stick of butter in a small saucepan then add in the rest of the gravy ingredients.
- Stir to combine well then pour over the tops of each slider.
- Wrap with foil tightly and cook for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the sliders and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes until the tops are browned, then serve.