This Garlic Bread Pasta is the most simple, amazing pasta dish I’ve ever made!
I’m talking amazing pasta dish. The pasta dish that makes you say buh-bye to that low carb diet thing, at least for the day.
It’s Christie here checking in with you – and this recipe is from my friend Shelly over at Cookies and Cups. She has a new cookbook coming out SOON. Like next week soon. And I’m telling you guys, you need to get this one. It not only has crazy good desserts from cupcakes to cookies to over the top special occasion cakes but it has dinner too.
Not only can she bake but she can rock out a dinner that your whole family will love in no time.
Let me take you through how easy this pasta is…start with a few basic ingredients.
Boil up your pasta they way you always do and drain it.
In the meantime heat up a few tablespoons of butter in a large skillet until it’s melted. Then keep on going…
Keep cooking the butter while swirling it around the pan so it’s a nice, nutty brown color. Don’t burn it, just get it nice and brown.
Toss in breadcrumbs and seasonings and stir it all together until the breadcrumbs are completely coated in the butter. Turn the pan off and set it aside.
Now you’re going to melt a whole stick of butter – yes, a whole stick, so not skimp here or you’ll regret it – together in the same dish with a few cloves of minced garlic.
Pour the garlicky butter all over you’re cooked pasta and toss it all together with the toasted breadcrumbs.
That’s it – Garlic Bread Pasta finito.
So yes, head out and grab a cop of the The Cookies and Cups Cookbook for all the amazing desserts that are easy to make and totally mind blowing, but don’t forget that my talented friend has got you covered for dinner too:)
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta
- ½ cup (1 stick) plus 3 tablespoons salted butter
- ¾ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat, continuing to cook the butter until browned and the color of deep amber, constantly swirling the pan so it doesn't burn.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the breadcrumbs, parsley, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir the breadcrumbs to coat them in the butter and remove from the heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining ½ cup (1 stick) butter and garlic together. This infuses the butter with the garlic.
- Add the garlic butter to the bowl of pasta and toss to coat completely.
- Then add the buttered breadcrumbs and toss to coat.
- Serve hot.